How do I format my iPod hard drive?
On your PC, go “my computer” and right click on the iPod, then choose “format”. Ensure the settings are at “default” and that “quick format” is not checked. Now select “format”. When that’s finished, restore the iPod using the updater.
How do I completely wipe an iPod?
Erase all content and settings from iPod touch
- Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPod touch.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
How do I format my iPod Classic for Windows?
Connect your device to your computer using the cable that came with it. Select your iPod when it appears in iTunes. In the Summary panel, click Restore. Click Restore again to confirm that you want to restore your device to factory settings and delete all data and content.
How do you hard reset an iPod Classic?
Force restart your iPod classic
- Put the Hold switch firmly in the unlocked position.
- Press and hold the Menu and Center (or Select) buttons for 8 seconds, or until you see the Apple logo.
How can I format my iPod without iTunes?
Hold the Play/Pause and Menu buttons together for about eight seconds. Repeat this process until the iPod resets. When your iPod is disabled for some reason, this reset will usually restore performance to normal.
How do I format my iPod Classic 160gb Windows?
Here are the steps:
- Connect iPod to sync cable.
- Go to windows explorer window and find “___ ipod” or whatever your ipod is labelled.
- Right Click on ipod icon and select “Format”
- Leave default settings: FAT32(Default) and ensure “Quick Format” is checked.
- Click “Start”
- Right-click and select “Eject”
Can you restore an iPod on Windows?
You can use iTunes to reinstall the software on your device and restore it to its default settings. In the iTunes app on your PC, click the Device button near the top left of the iTunes window. Click Summary.