What are the societal challenges?
Societal issues can include the following challenges:
- health, demographic change and wellbeing.
- food security, sustainable agriculture and forestry, marine, maritime and inland water research, and the bioeconomy.
- secure, clean and efficient energy.
- smart, green and integrated transport.
What are the aims and areas of Horizon 2020?
Four Focus Areas represent a combined budget over € 7 billion: (i) Building a low-carbon, climate resilient future, (ii) Connecting economic and environmental gains – the Circular Economy, (iii) Digitising and transforming European industry and services, and (iv) Boosting the effectiveness of the Security Union.
What type of funding is the Horizon 2020 scheme?
Horizon 2020 is the largest ever European funding programme for research and innovation. It has a budget of 79 billion euros and will run throughout 2020. Horizon 2020 aims to: ensure that Europe produces world-class science.
What is the social change theory?
There are three main theories of social change: evolutionary, functionalist, and conflict. According to this theory, society always evolves into “higher levels.” Like organisms evolve from simple to more complex, so do societies. Societies that don’t adapt fast enough will fall behind.
What are the economic challenges?
Examples of Economic Growth Challenges
- High rates of unemployment or underemployment.
- Increasing inequality, with many not being included in the growth process.
- High rates of poverty and low growth.
- Volatile growth dependent on one source.
- Disruption of major economic activities due to the pandemic, e.g. tourism.
What is the focus of EU?
The goals of the European Union are: promote peace, its values and the well-being of its citizens. offer freedom, security and justice without internal borders.
How social change affect the society?
Social change is way human interactions and relationships transform cultural and social institutions over time, having a profound impact of society. Relationships have changed, institutions have changed, and cultural norms have changed as a result of these social change movements.