What era was 2004?
What major events happened in 2003 in the United States?
- World — Human Genome Project. The Human Genome Project is completed during April.
- United States – Space Shuttle Columbia Disaster.
- United Kingdom — Ronaldo’s Manchester United Debut.
- World – Final Concorde Flight.
- Space – Oldest Exoplanet Found.
- ESA Launches SMART-1.
- China — Shenzhou 5.
What sports events happened in 2003?
- Australian Open – Andre Agassi defeats Rainer Schüttler, 6-2, 6-2, 6-1.
- French Open – Juan Carlos Ferrero defeats Martin Verkerk, 6-1, 6-3, 6-2.
- Wimbledon championships – Roger Federer defeats Mark Philippoussis, 7-6, 6-2, 7-6.
- US Open – Andy Roddick defeats Juan Carlos Ferrero, 6-3, 7-6, 6-3.
Who was the biggest athlete in 2003?
The highest ranked athlete in terms of sports salary was Michael Schumacher who was paid $35 million. For the females, the Williams sisters earned big bucks – Serena ($12 million) and Venus ($14 million)….Top 10 List of 2003 World’s Best Paid Athletes.
|earning ($ million)||78|
What sports teams won championships in 2004?
October 27 – The Boston Red Sox sweep the St. Louis Cardinals, four games to none, to win the World Series for the first time in 86 years.
What happened in the UK in 2003?
The 2003 European heat wave makes this Britain’s hottest summer for 13 years. 4 September – The Bullring Shopping Centre in Birmingham is officially opened by Sir Albert Bore. 18 September – Brent East by-election: Sarah Teather of the Liberal Democrats becomes MP for Brent East after 29 years of Labour control.
What political events happened in 2003?
April 3–12 – Iraq War: US forces defeat the Iraqi Army and the Iraqi Republican Guard in the Battle of Baghdad. April 9 – Iraq War: U.S. forces seize control of Baghdad, ending the regime of Saddam Hussein. Iraq War: Saddam Hussein’s hometown of Tikrit falls to U.S. forces. President George W.
What happened on May 1st 2003?
On May 1, 2003, Bush became the first sitting president to arrive in an arrested landing in a fixed-wing aircraft on an aircraft carrier when he arrived at the USS Abraham Lincoln in a Lockheed S-3 Viking, dubbed Navy One, as the carrier lay just off the San Diego coast, having returned from combat operations in the …
What was happening in November 2003?
Nov 12 Iraq war: In Nasiriya, Iraq, at least 23 people, among them the first Italian casualties of the 2003 Iraq war are killed in a suicide bomb attack on an Italian police base.
Who was president November 2003?
|George W. Bush|
|Official portrait, 2003|
|43rd President of the United States|
|In office January 20, 2001 – January 20, 2009|
|Vice President||Dick Cheney|
What was happening in August 2003?
Aug 5 A car bomb explodes in the Indonesian capital of Jakarta outside the Marriott Hotel killing 12 and injuring 150. Aug 10 The highest temperature ever recorded in the UK – 38.5°C (101.3°F) in Kent . It is the first time the UK has recorded a temperature over 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
Who died in August 2003?
- Ken Coote, 75, English footballer.
- Don Estelle, 70, British actor.
- Sir Charles Kerruish, 86, Manx politician.
- Mike Levey, 55, American infomercial host.
- Paulinho Nogueira, 75, Brazilian guitarist, singer and composer.
- Peter Safar, 79, Austrian-born American physician.
What is August 19th?
This Day in History: August 19 On this day in 1991, Mikhail Gorbachev, the general secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union (1985–91) and president of the Soviet Union (1990–91), was briefly ousted in a coup by communist hard-liners.
What happened August 19th?
19th August, 1953 : A military coup supported and financed by the United States overthrows the government of Premier Mohammed Mosaddeq and reinstates the Shah of Iran. , 1960 : The captured American U2 pilot Gary Powers is sentenced to 10 years imprisonment for espionage by a Soviet military court.
Who died August 19?
August 19 Deaths
- Landon Clifford (2001-2020) YouTube Star.
- Otto Frank (1889-1980) Entrepreneur.
- Lee Thompson Young (1984-2013) TV Actor.
- Dick Gregory (1932-2017) Comedian.
- Groucho Marx (1890-1977) Movie Actor.
- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662) Philosopher.
- Gina Lopez (1953-2019) Environmentalist.
- Ima Hogg (1882-1975)
Who was born on the 19th of August?
Celebrities – “FAMOUS BIRTHDAYS: 19 AUGUST” (276)
|Matthew Perry (*Aug 19, 1969)||actor||US|
|Kyra Sedgwick (*Aug 19, 1965)||actress||US|
|Fat Joe (*Aug 19, 1970)||singer, actor||US|
|Bonnie Bianco (*Aug 19, 1963)||actress, singer||US|
|Gary Yourofsky (*Aug 19, 1970)||animal rights activist||US|
What happened on the 19th of August 2004?
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see zodiac on August 19, 2004). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church. Famous people born on this day include Google Trade .
What was the #1 song August 19 2004?
Lean Back by Terror Squad
What happened on the 19th of August 2005?
A series of strong storms lashes Southern Ontario spawning several tornadoes as well as creating extreme flash flooding within the city of Toronto and its surrounding communities. In Toronto, it is also dubbed as the Toronto Supercell.
What celebrity has their birthday on August 19?
19. Here are some of the notable people celebrating birthdays today, including Bill Clinton, Fat Joe, John Stamos, Kyra Sedgwick, Matthew Perry, Melissa Fumero and more.