What is fire scenario?
The SFPE Engineering Guide to Performance-Based Fire Protection  refers to fire scenarios as “a set of conditions that defines the development of fire and the spread of combustion products throughout a building or part of a building.”
How do I become a good fire instructor?
5 rules to being a great mentor
- Knowledge. An effective instructor must have knowledge of the topic.
- Experience. With prerequisite knowledge also comes the need for experience.
- Ability to relate. Effective instructors can make content relevant to their audience.
What is the fire drill procedure?
To establish a fire drill procedure, consider following these steps.
- Communicate With the Local Fire Chief or Fire Marshal.
- Create an In-House Safety Committee.
- Communicate Evacuation Routes.
- Change Up Fire Drill Scenarios.
- Conduct Fire Drills Regularly.
- Go Deeper.
- Discover the all new RUN Powered by ADP®
What are the common causes of fire?
5 Leading Causes of House Fires
- Cooking. Cooking fires are the leading cause of home fires by far, accounting for 48% of all reported residential fires.
- Heating. Portable heaters are the second-leading cause of home fires and home fire injuries.
- Electrical Fires.
What does GREY smoke mean in a fire?
At times, black smoke can be an indicator that a manmade material is burning such as tires, vehicles or a structure. As a general rule, the darker the smoke, the more volatile the fire is. Grey smoke can indicate that the fire is slowing down and running out of materials to burn.
What color is house fire smoke?
Most fires will produce a mixture of black, gray, and nearly white smoke because of the variety of fuels and the variability of air supply.
How do you stand out in a firefighter interview?
Do bring a resume; present it only if asked. Do arrive early; take time to relax and think positively. Do sit up straight and speak clearly. Do think before answering any question.